To be eligible for admission into Diploma courses, a candidate must fulfill the following conditions :-
1. For admission into Diploma Courses the candidate must pass the H.S.L.C. or its equivalent examination with Mathematics and Science as compulsory subject with 40% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for General candidates 35% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for SC candidates 33% marks (in Average) in Mathematics and Science for ST Candidates.
2. Must appear and qualify in the Polytechnic Admission Test (PAT) for admission into Diploma Courses' offered by State Council for Technical Education, Assam for the concerned academic session as notified by the DTE, Assam.
3. Age Limit : Prescribed as per notification of admission by DTE, Assam
4. Medical Standard : A candidate should be physically fit and mentally sound and should possess the minimum physical standard.
5. Residential Eligibility : Candidates must be an Indian Citizen and Permanent resident of Assam.
ADMISSION TEST :
Admission test will be held in all the Polytechnics of Assam on the subject Science and Mathematics on the date and time as notified by the DTE. There will be one question paper of Science and Mathematics of 100 marks of 2 hours duration. The question paper will be of H.S.L.C. level on the date and time as notified by DTE Assam.
N.B. :The questions will be of objective types with multiple choice Answer for the Examinations. Candidate will have to darken the Circle against the correct answer in separate OMR Answer Sheet.
Documents to be submitted during counselling :
Part "B" of the Application Form with two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a Gazetted Officer and pasted on the application duly completed to be submitted along with the following certificates at the time of counselling.
(i)True copies of marksheets of qualifying examinations passed.
(ii) Documentary evidence-of age (true copy of Admit Card or Certificate of the Board/University)
(iii) Up-to-date character certificate from the Head of the Institutions last attended.
(iv) Caste certificate, if claimed, belong to Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe/OBC/ MOBC/Tea-Garden/Ex-Tea Garden Labour Community from the appropriate authority as decided by Government from time to time ( as mentioned in the form).
(v) The candidates applying for seats under Moran community quota must produce certificate from Assam Moran Sabha with the counter signature of DC/SDO (Civil) of the concerned District.
(vi) Certificate from Director of Sports, Assam and proof of representing State if applied against Sport and NOC quota.
(vii) Reserved seats against Freedom Fighter category (both Paternal & Maternal).
(a) Certificate from the Principal Private Secretary to the Chief Minister, Assam.
(b) A direct relationship certificate of the candidate with the freedom fighter from the Deputy Commissioner or his authorized official if applied against the category of Freedom Fighter.
(viii) Certificate from the Director, Rajik Sainik Board, Assam if applied against category of retired defence personnel.
(ix) Certificate from the employer, if applied against quota of Central Government employees etc.
(x) For Differently-Abled Candidates: Identity Card as Differently-Abled and identified certificate from the State Level/District Level Medical Board as constituted in pursuance of Social Welfare Department. Minimum disability 40% and not exceeding 80%.
For more details, visit www.dte.assam.gov.in
Admission Coordinator: Mr. Sujan Dutta
Contact Number: +91 7002 187 819